Monday, December 23, 2013

3: Vegan vanilla biscotti

I'm Italian; that is no secret. It's no surprise I snuck in some biscotti during this whirlwind baking extravaganza. I love how simple biscotti is to make. My grandmom always had it around, and as a kid, I was never interested in having any. Of course that was probably because I wasn't a coffee fiend at that point. Growing up, as with many foods, I assumed biscotti was a complex process. I definitely never dreamed I would make it on my own. That all changed when we got married, and I whipped up homemade biscotti as our wedding favors. Sheesh, what a simple method to bring back a memory from my grandmom's dining room table.

These vanilla biscotti were no different. Easy and in the oven before I knew it. The aroma of the toasted flax and the vanilla extract was a mouth-watering combo. They baked up perfectly and were ready to be dipped in some chocolate. I had debated leaving them plain, but that would be silly because everything is better with chocolate.






No comments:

Post a Comment