Sunday, December 1, 2013

11: Peanut butter, pretzel M&M cookies!

Just because my babies are so darn cute!


These are remarkably not vegan, but they had potential until I ran out of my vegan butter. Ah well. Now I don't have any butter at all left! So I was searching through Pinterest for Christmas cookie inspiration, when I saw an M&M cookie recipe. I realized I had yet to make an M&M cookie, which seems blasphemous as it was always a favorite candy of mine. Definitely my favorite type of blizzard, too. So, while it wasn't wildly creative, it's a cookie I've never made before. So with that, I decided to move forward. I used the leftover Halloween pretzel M&Ms for these cookies. BTW, if you haven't tried pretzel M&M's, you need to get your head checked. The most addictive, little chunks of Heaven I've ever eaten in my life. Horrible, but irresistible. Anyway, back to the baking.




The recipe is below, and as you can read, it's pretty straightforward. Nothing complicated to report. I decided last-minute to add a big old scoop of peanut butter since I had a small amount of M&Ms for the cookies. I wanted to add a little "umph"since there wouldn't be as much of a M&M chunkiness throughout the cookie. As with any decision to add peanut butter, deliciousness followed swiftly.


 The cookies came out yummy and soft! You can cook them a bit longer for a crispier texture, but I prefer cookies to be on the chewy side. These were really good, and a simple way to help bring in the Christmas season. Next time I'll have to get strictly red and green M&Ms to keep up with the theme. Happy baking!






From the Rebel Chick
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
Add M&M’s and Mini Chocolate Chips and either mix by hand or mix in the mixer – I mixed them in the mixer and I like the way there were a little bit of broken M&M pieces in the cookies!
Using teaspoons, drop cookies of about one teaspoon onto cookie sheets making them about two inches apart. I used parchment paper over my pan because it was not nonstick – if you aren’t using parchment paper or a nonstick pan, I suggest greasing your cookie sheet lightly.
Bake for 11 minutes for a cookie that is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, or 12-13 minutes for a crispier cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment