Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter: ramekin muffins for two!

We are home for Easter this year. I've been up and back to PA probably four times within the last month and a half, so traveling anywhere was out. We're just hanging out today, which is a welcome undertaking (or lack thereof).

Noon rolled around on this Easter morning, and my tummy started growling. I haven't baked in a while, so I started my search for a special Easter breakfast for the two of us. Yes, I said breakfast despite it being noon. We woke up late and never get hungry right away, but we still crave breakfast items. It's fine by me; love me some b-fast.





I didn't expect to find a baked recipe that catered to two people. I stumbled upon vegan banana muffins for two, baked in ramekins. How fun! I was in the kitchen within five minutes of finding the recipe and confirming positive reviews. I had everything on hand and since you don't have to wait for butter or eggs to reach room temperature, I was off and running.

This recipe was so easy and took no time at all. Mix, mix some more, and pour. That's it! I decided to add some frozen blueberries to up the fruit content and subbed cashews for walnuts. I'm really adverse to nuts in baked goods, but I added just a bit to the top rather than have them crawling through the batter.

Note: Be sure to check on your muffins as they bake. The recipe claimed they would take 25-30 minutes to brown, but mine only took 22.

The recipe also said to take the muffins out of the ramekin, but I left them in because I found them very cute. These were hot, moist, and good for you! I really enjoyed them, and I definitely plan to shake up the recipe in the future using different fruit and all.

To make your ramekin muffins, visit The Minimalist Baker: Vegan Banana Nut Muffins for Two


No comments:

Post a Comment